Tuesday, January 8, 2008

January 8, 2008

Happy New Year! Al and I rang in the new year in typical Al and Lori fashion. When the ball fell in NYC, Al was sound asleep and I was nodding off upstairs while trying to keep AJ & Maryanne's maniac dogs from shredding the house. Around 10:30 the fireworks started around the neighborhood and the dogs went nuts! So to allow Al and a friend that was staying with us to sleep undisturbed, and to keep Lucy & Ellie from eating and/or peeing on all the rugs I trapped them in the den and turned on the TV. I stayed awake till about 11:58 and slept just till 12:05. Happy happy day!

Then on Thursday while @ my nail appointment, I suddenly got sick to my stomach and proceeded to throw up. Luckily I made it to the bathroom but everyone in the place got to share my experience...thin walls...tiny shop...typically wonderful bathroom accoustics. O joy!

Even tho none of us are easily depressed, everyone here is suffering with SAD. The whether has been horrendous! Rain rain rain. Hard blowing cold rain. Ugh! My poor Southern Californian Dad hasn't left his house in days. Thanks goodness he loves TV!

Currently, I'm getting the house put back together after all the Christmas stuff came down. Things were going pretty well till I realized that I had put 2 pieces of art, a painting and a piece of pottery, away for safekepping. Unfortunately, I can't for the life of me remember where I kept it safely. I've looked under every bed, in every box in the house, behind every piece of furniture, in every box in the garage, in every cupboard and cabinet, in every drawer, on every shelf. I'm sure I'll find them as I pack for my immediate move to assisted living.

Hope the first week of 2008 has been as great for you as it has been for me.
Lori

2 comments:

Christi said...

Lori!! I'm so glad you started a blog...it will be so fun to see what you and Al are up to. I can tell already that I'm going to love your daily life stories and fun pictures.

If it helps at all, we are having some major rainstorms here in Santa Cruz...we were without power for four days!

Jeff said...

Hi Sis,
We had a day of rain and now we will fight 2 weeks of mud. Not hard to get stuck when you weigh 80.000 . All is well with us down here. People want to rent houses for a thousand dollars a day during superbowl. Looking forward to more traffic. I would send some new pictures if I could. My computer is still down. Lost everything.

Talk to you soon.
Jeff