Saturday, November 22, 2008

Holiday Dinner


Every year our church puts on an outreach dinner for the women of the church. The idea is for women to invite their friends and neighbors and family that don't have a church home to a fancy dinner to kick off the holidays. Each evening, 32 women decorate a holiday themed table using their own supplies and creativity. It is a spectacular event and every table has a different feel to it. In years past, my Dad has done a table and to this day has the distiction of being the only man to contribute. He used Mom's Christmas dishes then built a tiny wooden Christmas village with a tiny wooden train looped around it for the centerpiece. It was so darling and the women went crazy over it and him. This year he didn't participate so I enlisted him to help me. And if I do say so myself, I think we did an awesome job. For the centerpiece I used 7 dozen white carnations stuck into a ball of florist oasis. I picked up the tin bucket at Michael's. Dad cut apart little lime green and red beads that he sprinked over the white flowers for a very Christmas-y effect. I used my red Fiestaware dishes and some placemats that I bought on sale last year and away we went. It's a fun event that I look forward to every year.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

looks gorgeous! you are so amazing at that kind of stuff!