Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year Catch Up Post

I admit it. I've been lazy. Since Christmas I haven't sat down and posted anything, even though I've done lots of fun things. So here goes.

Monday night after Christmas, on the spur of the moment, I called our long time, special friends Debbie & Ben Espinoza and invited them over for dinner. Jana & JJ and AJ & Maryanne joined us for an evening of laughs combined with deep discussions on various mental illnesses. We are a very odd group! Anyway it was wonderful to re-connect with these neighbors of our youth and friends of our heart. But do you see a picture marking the occasion? Ugh!

Then then next morning, Al and I headed to Eugene for our "make-up" Christmas with dear friends Nancy & Curt. As usual, we had a great time catching up, eating great food, opening presents and watching the University of Oregon win their BCS Bowl game. Yahoo Ducks! We don't see Nancy & Curt as often as we should but no matter how long between visits, it always feels like old times. It was a really really fun day. Again. No Pictures! Sheesh.

But last night I finally got off my rear end and got out the camera. Because of the snow in December, I had to cancel my dinner party for my Hearts @ Home girls. So, last night was my "make-up" Christmas dinner party with these 9 lovely young women. They are beautiful wives and moms that love God and each other and we always have a blast when we get togther. We exchanged ornaments and gifts and ate salmon stuffed with crab and talked talked talked. Have you ever been in a room with 10 women who haven't seen each other in a month? The noise level rivaled our Thursday night dinners...no easy feat. It was a fabulous evening.
So now I'm caught up on the blog. I'll try to keep you ted more frequently.

0 comments: