Sunday, March 8, 2009

An Experiment Heading Towards Horribly Wrong

Sometime ago I decided to redo our laundry room. I ordered a simple wallpaper border and started making plans for the rest of the room. Wanting to get away from so much blue and seeing a decorator on HGTV successfully paint formica, I decided to give it a try. Al and Iwent to Lowe's, got educated on what kind of paint will adhere to formica, purchased supplies, took it all home and did nothing. Yesterday, inspiration struck so we tore down the old border, re-painted the whole room and put up the new border. This morning, after a fortifying breakfast at OHP, Al layed down the first coat of "stick to anything" primer. Later, coat #2 went on. Much later, as I was merchandising the top of the of the cupboards, I inadvertantly laid something down on the seemingly dry counter top. Unfortunately when I picked the something up, a big glob of the primer came up with it. I'm hoping that the primer just wasn't dry enough. We will forge ahead with the black paint next weekend and see what happens. I have a feeling I'm going to be buying new formica in the not too distant future.The black scratch in the very middle is the old blue counter showing thru the primer.

0 comments: