Saturday, November 20, 2010

It's Jana's Fault






Since Jana became my very excellent Facebook manager last summer, I have had zero motivation to blog. I do my FB status updates but Jana does everything else including posting my pictures. However, every time I log in to read other blogs I feel very guilty about not keeping up. So as of today, I'm going to try to post a lot more frequently.

This morning, I'm sitting in a gorgeous condo near Kona Hawaii. The temp outside will be in the low 80s by the time we get on our boat for our big sailing adventure. Hopefully I'll post about that tomorrow.

Yesterday, we spent the day at the beach. It was perfect! Sun, white sand, comfy lounges, yummy tropical drinks, warm water, huge palm trees for shade and a great little restaurant right on the property. Al and I split a sandwich that I'm going to try to replicate at home. It was essentially a caprese salad inside a sweet Hawaiian roll. A little pesto, a lot of fresh tomato and buffalo mozzarella cheese. Deelish!

Last night we ate at the Four Seasons hotel and had the best meal we've ever eaten. And believe me, Al and I have eaten some pretty good meals. Al had a beautiful rib eye steak and I had lobster ravioli. The bread was some kind of knotted rolled pull-apart that was served with a sun-dried tomato/marscapone cheese spread. And might I just say... YUM!!!!! Top off the whole thing with a lovely wine and a couple of fantastic desserts and call me one happy camper. O and the restaurant was on a wooden deck RIGHT ON THE SAND! AND...I WAS WEARING A SLEEVELESS BLOUSE! AND...IT WASN'T COLD! AND...AFTER DINNER, WE TOOK A LONG LONG WALK ALONG A BEACH PATH LIT BY TIKI TORCHES! OK. Sorry. Enough for now. Hopefully I'll talk to you soon.

1 comments:

Glory Laine said...

Soak it in . . . it's going to be a long winter when you get home.

Hawaii is like a living snuggie. Makes you feel warm all over and you can still use your hands. (The Hawaiian government should really consider using my quote on their license plates)