Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Playroom is Done!






After several months of planning and painting and shopping and ordering, the palyroom here at home is done and I love it! During the school year, I have the priveledge of caring for my grandkids 3 days a week. Porter is 2, Finn is 1 and Maggie is 2 months old. I knew that keeping 3 little kids at the same time was going to be a challenge so Al and I decided to eliminate 1 guest room and create a fun and safe place to contain the g-kids.We chose the downstairs guest room so there would be no stairs involved plus there was a connected bathroom. It was hard to come up with a decorating scheme that was winsome for the kids but also somewhat sophisticated as it's the first room you see when you come through the front door. I finally found a rug in the Pottery Barn catalog and I had my inspiration. We refreshed the yellow paint that was already on the walls, painted the brown on the bottom half and painted and put up the red chair rail. I bought the workbench in Redding last summer, we've had Dakota the Wonder Horse for years, JJ donated the easel (the chalkboard was green so I painted it brown) the table and chairs came from Costco, the little windsor chairs were picked up at a street sale in Silverton, I ordered the alphabet letters on-line and the rocking chair was ordered through Goodnight Room at Bridgeport. The last project was to clean out the closet so all the plastic toys could be put out of sight (someday the closet will become a fort or secret cave, a space ship or maybe an enchanted castle for Maggie). I'm so happy with the finished project and the best part is the kids LOVE it. And for this grammie, knowing that the kids are safe and contained and well entertained is the icing on the cake.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh I just LOVE it. It is wonderful! It makes me excited for you to redo the office!

Christi said...

It looks great! I love the table right in front of the window...great lighting for lots of art work.