Monday, December 12, 2011

The House Is Done

Al and I had fun designing the big basket of greens that we picked up off the ground after a big windstorm. Free is a very good price!



Santa greets you at the front door.



The niche in the entryway



Our bedroom



I don't have bookcases so I love decorating these shelves.



Do you get why there is a 2 and a 5 above the buffet? Al was confused.



The living room side of the mantle.



The kitchen side of the mantle.



I stole this idea from Al's Nursery in Woodburn



We bought our nativity set 30+ years ago.



Lots of sparkle on the tree this year



Al and I have been married for almost 39 years. In all those years, we have collected Christmas decor. We always buy something whenever we travel. I love craft shows and usually pick up some decorating ideas at them. I collect Christopher Radko blown glass ornaments and now have quite a few of them. I love fresh greenery and have wreaths and swags and cuttings in almost every room. I love candlelight, and have candles everywhere (even tho insurance guy Al hates them. He's seen too many house fires due to candles) Needless to say, our house looks like a Christmas bomb hit it. It takes several days to get everything put in place but the results are so worth it. Both Al and I love to sit and look at all the pretty. It gives us a good excuse to slow down and enjoy the season. Now it's on to several other projects I enjoy, baking Christmas goodies and wrapping presents. I love this time of year!

1 comments:

Christi said...

Your tree is always stunning. I love the way that even your bedroom gets decorated. The 25 is really cool looking!