Sunday, January 15, 2012

Almost Finished

The newly redecorated Living Room. I'm so happy with it and Al likes it too!



The buffet and two of our new dining chairs. The picture above the buffet is a rematted and framed Goodwill find.



Two new wool rugs for the entryway and in front of the buffet.


On the way home from our third trip to Ikea in a week, Al asked in his most sincere voice, "when we get a rug for under the dining room table, can we be done with all this decorating stuff?" Last summer, we started a remodeling/redecorating project that included painting all the rooms in the house as well as the millwork, adding granite counter tops in the kitchen, updating most of the appliances and hardware and totally changing the decor in the living room. The walls and ceilings are still yellow but instead of cobalt blue accents, we have changed to black and white. My chairs were recovered in black and white polka dot and the couch and love seat in a black and white plaid. I had our art & photos reframed, and did some do-it-yourself projects. We added a buffet table on the staircase wall that I have loved decorating and filling with all my white accessories. I still have some work to do on the color block and shelves but I'm taking my time and doing it just right. So, to answer Al's question, "yes, we are almost finished with the decorating stuff." But I will never be done decorating. I'm always thinking about the next project, real or imagined. I can't tell you how many vacation homes I have decorated in my mind, usually in the middle of the night. I love decorating magazines and HGTV and I'm always willing to help friends and family with ideas and elbow grease. So...enjoy the pictures of our almost finished "decorating stuff". When we're done done, I'll let ya know.