Sunday, May 18, 2008

Passages, Primping, Projects, Pubs, Plaques & Pancakes

This was a fun weekend! On Saturday I went to Sarah Garlinger's 2nd birthday. It really is true that you should never have more guests than the age of the child. By the time I left, Sarah was overwhelmed and in tears. Yummy cupcakes gave her a new perspective and once again life was good!
From Sarah's party I rushed out to Maryanne's salon for a cut and color. My hair is finally the length I want it to be and Maryanne cut it just perfectly. I love it...especially when she styles it.
My next mad dash took me to The Halley Ford Museum where I connected with Al and JJ . We were there to honor Jana as she presented her final project and received her Administrative License. She did a fantastic job with her presentation and it was fun to hear the comments from her supervisor as well as her cohort members. She's an amzingly gifted young woman...if I do say so myself.
After Jana was finished I picked up Maryanne and we headed to Corvallis so she could meet AJ and his cohort members for drinks. She and I shopped around a bit till I had to head back to Salem for Jana's dinner/awards ceremony and AJ finished his class. AJ had no idea she was coming so it was a fun surprise.
This weekend was Iris Festival here in Keizer. It's a funky celebration of all things Keizer and all things Iris. Its small and local but it's kind of fun. Barack & Michelle Obama even showed up yesterday. Al and I took in the pancake breakfast this morning, checked out the art gallery and wandered around the Iris Gradens. It was a gorgeous day and a delightful time to be outside.

Chillin' at the Iris Test Garden

Why am I squinting? I'm in the shade!


0 comments: