Sunday, February 22, 2009

When AJ Gets To Heaven

He will be able to complete with excellence the entire Sport Ladder. He will be able to do 2 minutes of freestyling and off string work. He will wow the judges and audience with his double looping and take home multiple blue ribbons.
This past weekend AJ and Maryanne and Al and I drove to Seattle to watch the 2009 Pacific Northwest Yo-Yo Championships. And I must say, it was an amazing thing to see. These kids can do things with a yo-yo that you can't even imagine. And no matter how hard I would try to explain it to you, unless you see it for yourself, you just can't grasp the compexity of the tricks and string work...all while the yo-yo is spinning.
As we were leaving Seattle Center, after 7 hours of competition, Maryanne asked AJ if he was inspired. He thought for a minute and said "I'm pretty much overwhelmed." AJ is an excellent yo-yo player but these guys were way out of his league. It was really fun for all of us to be a part of such a unique event. Sorry for the quality of the video. I took it only my tiny digital still camera. I think you'll get the idea.

0 comments: