Sunday, February 1, 2009

Women's Retreat 2009

Deanne, Lori, Jana, Michelle, Lauren & Maryanne
(and baby DeBacker)

Brunch in a cozy upstairs room of The Lazy Susan Cafe

Last weekend Jana, Maryanne, Lauren, Michelle and I attended our Salem Alliance's Women's Retreat in Cannon Beach. My cousin Deanne, who lives just up the coast a bit, joined us for the daily sessions. Susan Garlinger challenged us to be "Secure in the Potter's Hands" and Lorelei Friesen led us in worship as we learned about our Holy and loving God. It's always good to get away and get a fresh perspective on things we've maybe heard before but need to hear again in a new way. On Saturday after 2 morning sessions, Deanne & I took a long walk on the beach and then met up with the girls for lunch and some excellent shopping. God blessed us with no rain (except late Sat night) and no wind so we could walk around town in relative comfort. I didn't buy anything (gasp!! I know) because everything I loved was over $2500. My artist cousin took me to some very fine galleries and I fell in love with several really cool paintings. Al is generous beyond measure but it felt it prudent to pass on the expensive art :-) We ended the afternoon at a "jazzy" little coffee house where we enjoyed lattes and yummy pastries. On Sunday, after a wonderful brunch in a darling old house/restaurant, we headed home refreshed spiritually and relationally. I love being with these very special women.

0 comments: