Sunday, February 10, 2008

A busy week

This week seemed unusually busy. I worked on Monday and Tuesday and then on Wednesday I went to Portland with Maryanne. She took her State Licensing Test for insurance. 150 gruelling questions on the intricacies of liability, law & other fascinating insurance issues. And...she passed! Yea! Now she's "legal" to work in Al's office. As soon as she was finished we headed to California Pizza Kitchen for a celebration lunch. That night we had a family(& friends)celebration dinner.

On Thursday morning I led my Bible study for young moms. I have 10 amazing young women in my group and we study God's Word together, pray for each other and share what God is doing in our lives. Occasionally, I even get to impart some wisdom from my vast experience as a mom. I love these moms and look forward to every Thursday.

Thursday evening, our office staff, Al too, took Maryanne out for a celebration drink & dinner. Maryanne picked Red Robin as her spot so we ate onion rings and burgers and fish & chips and yummy salads. It was a fun evening.

Friday night Al and I and Maryanne & AJ went to The Roadhouse for dinner. We made it in time for Happy Hour and the 4 of us got out of there for $30. Al had a $25 gift card so we only dropped 5 bucks! Then we headed over to Jana & JJ's to see their new gas fireplace. JJ did a great job of picking it out and installing it...changes the whole appearance of the brick surround. It's gorgeous.

On Saturday, we all headed to Portland for a little shopping and then to Al's Dad's house for dinner. Al's niece Elizabeth and her 6 month old son Zak, along with Al's sister Darlene were here for a quick visit. We had a delicious meal and got up with the Central Cal leg of the DeBacker fam.

Today, we did nothing! Spent the day reading the papers & watching TV. Ahhhhhh.




Six of my ten Hearts at Home Moms


Patti, LaVerne & Maryanne at Red Robin


Al with Zak Batrum, Darlene's grandson.



JJ, Jana and Grandpa Ray.


Glady always feeds us well!

1 comments:

Glory Laine said...

Hey Lori!
Love so much that you run a moms group. That is so needed. I am sure you are very loved. I think I even see a friend in the group. Is that Kim Herber I see?
Becca