Sunday, April 27, 2008

Workin' on the basement, goin' down down down.


Friday night we all headed down to Corban & Lauren's basement to paint. We got the first coat on the new laundry room, media room, bathroom and great room. Greg & Sally had done all the ceilings the day before so we were able to finish it up pretty quickly. Maryanne did a fantastic job edging and the rest of us manned the rollers. We had a great time visiting while we worked. I'll take more pictures when it's finished and furnished.

Today, Al and our friend Don Suklis took the convertible over to the coast. It's warm but a little overcast. They're going to have lunch and look at a piece of property and then come back. Should be a fun day.

I'm enjoying my usual Sunday R&R. I'll make the effort to get up and dressed later this afternoon when I'm meeting a friend at her new house. I get to be her decorating consultant so I need to get a lay of the land before they move in. I love helping people make a house their own! In fact, I'm nagging Al about re-doing our kitchen. It's almost 10 years old and it looks it. We need new countertops and hardware and some updated decor items. And as you know, whenever you put kitchen and remodel in the same sentence, you're talking about a serious chunk of change. Hopefully, we can work on it a little bit at a time.
Hope you weekend has been wonderful. Talk to you soon.

0 comments: