Sunday, June 1, 2008

5K, Roses & Indiana Jones


Saturday morning started bright & early as I drove Al, Maryanne & Jana to Bush Park for a 5K walk for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. They did fantastically and finished 8th, 9th & 10th. After the walk, Jana & I headed to Starbucks and Al & Maryanne walked the almost 8 miles home. Training for the Marathon is serious business and they are following a very strict training regimine... and amazingly, enjoying it. Good for them!


This morning, I worked on the rose garden for nearly three hours. I've gotten a little behind on the weeding so I spent the majority of the time on that fun filled task. I did however end up with a ton of gorgeous roses that I have in bouquets all over the house. Roses are lots of work but the payoff is wonderful!


Later in the afternoon, Al and I joined JJ & Jana at the new Lancaster Mall Theater for the new Indiana Jones movie. It was really good until the last third and then it got a little too sci-fi for me. The boys loved it tho. I was so happy that the powers that be let Indie age appropriately, which played into some really funny moments. All in all it was a fun way to spend a gloomy Sunday afternoon.


On Wednesday, Al and I fly off to Phoenix for 5 days. I can't wait to enjoy the wonderful dry desert heat. We'll spend some good times with the Lloyd families x2 and on Friday night we're seeing Jerry Seinfeld at the Dodge Theater. Other than that, we'll be either at the pool or at Huston's Restaurant eating some of the greatest food in the world. I'll try to get to a computer while we're gone and post some pictures.

0 comments: