Friday, June 27, 2008

New table...Old friends



Yesterday Jana and I went to Eugene to pick up my new coffee table. I have been looking for months and finally found one at the Pottery Barn in Eugene. I actually found it at the PB in Scottsdale and figured I'd have no problem finding closer to home. Boy was I wrong. But at last, my quest is over & I have a lovely new table to decorate (I've only just started in the picture).

On the off chance that my high school friend Nancy & her husband Curt were available, I called them to meet us for lunch. Instead, Nancy invited us to her home for lunch on the patio. It was so good to catch up with these dear friends. We talked and laughed and talked and ate and laughed for 3+ hours. It was a delightful way to spend a sunny afternoon. At 2:45 we headed home. I dropped Jana at her house, drove straight to the Garlinger's & picked up 2 year old Sarah and brought her to our house so I could get ready for Thursday night dinner. What started as a relaxing day with friends ended up a chaotic, loud evening with the usual crew of hungry diners, barking dogs and an excited 2 year old. Thursdays at the DeBacker's are always interesting...and fun!

0 comments: