Sunday, September 21, 2008

It's a Jungle Out There




For some reason, I have neglected my roses for the last couple of weeks. I usually spend several hours a week in the garden because I love having rose bouquets all over the house. Today, I talked Al into helping prune and deadhead and no lie, it took about 2 hours. For a part of the time it poured rain but we soldiered on. I'm so glad that we got it done because as the cooler weather approaches, I get fewer & fewer usable flowers. So by cutting off the deadheads, I make room for a couple of more cycles of blooms. I love this time of year. Hydrangeas are bright blue & green & pink, the roses are going strong, the black-eyed Susan's are taking over the backyard and the lavendar is drying and putting out an amazing fragrance. Some people love to be in the garden and feel the soil in their hands. They love to watch things grow and nurture their little plant friends. The only reason I spend time with plants is so I can hack their little heads off and use them to make my house look and smell wonderful. Cold, I know.

0 comments: